A Winning Combination: The Best CBD Cream for Arthritis Pain March 24, 2021 – Posted in: CBD Research – Tags: CBD, CBD Cream, CBD for Arthritis, CBD for Pain
According to the CDC, more than 54.4 million people in the United States are affected by arthritis pain. There are two types of arthritis: osteoarthritis, which often occurs naturally as we age due to wear and tear on our joints from long-term use, and rheumatoid arthritis, which occurs when the immune system begins attacking our joints, causing swelling and inflammation. Both conditions are painful and sometimes debilitating.
However, there is hope. Emerging research points to the effectiveness of using CBD to fight arthritis pain. On top of that, magnesium has been cited as one of the most important supplements available for joint and bone health. So how can you fight arthritis pain with CBD? How can you use magnesium for pain? Read on to learn more.
Using Topical CBD to Treat Arthritis
Research has shown that cannabidiol (CBD) can be used in the treatment of chronic pain, which would include arthritis. It does so in a number of ways:
- CBD activates type 2 endocannabinoid receptors in the body. These receptors decrease cytokine production and immune cell mobilization, which is important for managing rheumatoid arthritis.
- By decreasing immune cell production, CBD slows the effects of inflammation dramatically.
- CBD slows the degradation of anandamide, a cannabinoid neurotransmitter that is released when inflammation or injury occurs in the body. Anandamide works to reduce the intensity of pain.
Because there is a high concentration of cannabinoid receptors in the skin, topical CBD is greatly effective at stopping pain quickly. A 2016 study found that prophylactic treatment with CBD not only stopped the pain in rats with arthritis but also reduced inflammation. On top of this, the researchers found no side effects from the topical CBD treatment.
Using Magnesium to Treat Arthritis
Magnesium is an abundant mineral in the body. Many foods, such as nuts, leafy vegetables, bananas, and legumes are packed with dietary magnesium. So how can this mineral help limit the effects of arthritis?
- Magnesium has anti-oxidative properties, which help to limit the oxidative stress that contributes to the development of arthritis over time.
- Proper intake of magnesium promotes the absorption of calcium, which is necessary for bone and joint health.
- Increased magnesium concentration in the body helps prevent the release of inflammatory cytokines, meaning that magnesium has anti-inflammatory properties.
So, with their individual properties, and both acting as anti-inflammatory, it’s easy to see why topical CBD and magnesium are a winning combination. Our CBD and Magnesium Cream acts as an effective 1-2 punch in dealing with arthritis pain. When you need fast relief from chronic pain and arthritis symptoms, we’re here to help. If you have questions or are interested in any of our CBD products, contact us. We’d love to hear from you!